Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Not So Raggetty

I just shipped off two dolls to their new home in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida. I wanted them to be my version of Raggetty Ann style dolls but for some reason they didn’t turn out so Raggetty.

They were a custom order. I wanted them to resemble 2 little sisters, one with dark brown hair and brown eyes and the other with red hair and blue eyes. They are a keepsake for Sofia Elizabeth (2 years 10 months) and Nicole Ann (1 year 1 month) two of my grandchildren.

I shipped a box of things to my grandchildren. I made a strawberry shortcake flannel blanket on one side and minky fabric on the other for Sofia and for Nicole I made a blanket with quilt squares some of the squares were chenille and some were tiny print flannel with a solid pink flannel on the back side.

The dolls were also packed in the same box with other games and toys. So when my daughter Nicole opened the box Sofia put her little hands on her cheeks and said ”Oh my goodness”, took both dolls out of the box and took them to her room.

Later on that night they were tucked in bed with her with just there little heads poking out.. She said they were going night-night. Not sure if my daughter will be able to put them on a shelf to be just a keepsake.

They are loved no matter what and that’s all that counts. As soon as I get a minute I will have to perfect a raggetty style of my own. I have so many ideas in my head I overwhelm myself.